- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Hurricane Florence losses expected to be manageable for re/insurers says Standard & Poor's
- Fitch report says modest recovery set to continue for the US excess and surplus (E&S) lines market
- China Re to acquire Chaucer from The Hanover
- SCOR in exclusive negotiations with Workplace Options concerning a worldwide distribution partnership agreement and the acquisition of SCOR subsidiary Rehalto
- Allianz Group achieved the top position as sector leader amongst all rated insurance companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index(DJSI)
- Charles Taylor happy with first half performance expired
- FICO announces latest version of its Analytics Workbench expired
- Mang appointed to newly created role of general manager, Guidewire Analytics and Data Services (ADS) expired
- Legal & General completes £4.4bn buy-in for British Airways PLC’s pension scheme-the largest ever bulk annuity policy arranged with a UK pension scheme expired
- Sedgwick announces new majority owners will be affiliates of funds managed by The Carlyle Group expired
- Fidelis restructuring its business to deliver enhanced focus and execution expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)